The Fast Lane to an IIoT Communication Solution
Introducing the OEM Toolbox – create your own IIoT communication gateway
HMS’s OEM Toolbox provides device and machine manufacturers with a toolkit for creating your own Industrial IIoT edge communication gateway. Manufacturers benefit from industrially pre-qualified communication gateways and existing certifications and approvals when developing a customised communication solution.
Customize and adapt the functionality of HMS’s proven and trusted industrial communication gateway technology, to tailor and suit your own industrial communication needs.
Leverage on HMS certified hardware
HMS’s OEM Toolbox is an open development platform that offers OEM customers the possibility to develop their own application to run within the Linux environment of HMS industrial gateways.
A software development kit (SDK) for the Open Gateway Platform contains development tools for software engineers and enables the creation of customised applications for the gateways included in the OEM Toolbox offer.
Realise your own IIoT ambitions
Using the SDK, it is possible to quickly develop new connectivity solutions to fulfill traditional automation tasks as well as realising emerging IIoT applications. The functionality of the gateway can be tailor-made for a specific application. Proprietary communication protocols, tailored control applications, IT/OT bridges, edge computing, etc.. can all be directly loaded into the gateways provided by HMS.
The toolkit also enables connectivity to IoT software platforms such as ThingWorks, SAP, Microsoft Azure, Oracle since standard SDK agents have been pre-verified with the gateways.
The value of OEM Toolbox
- Create your specific solution based on certified hardware and software from HMS
- Choice of readily available industrially certified hardware
- Software development tools pre-prepared for an easy application development
- Substantial reduction in ROI and time-to-market
- A common development environment and Linux base which is maintained and updated
- Pre-qualified and maintained implementations of industrial communication protocols
- Cost efficient manufacturing with high product quality and preloaded firmware (optional)
- HMS expertise and guidance through the development phase and the product life cycle
A range of high quality and high performing industrial communication gateways with different communication ports (industrial Ethernet, cellular 2G/3G, CAN, Serial RS232/RS485 and digital/analog I/O) making it possible to select the gateway that is most efficient for a specific project.
The included Software Development Kit (SDK) contains development tools for software engineers enabling the creation of customised applications for the gateways. The SDK contains:
- C-based SDK toolchain for application development
- Power-up and access linux kernel and web interface
- Sandboxed development area for custom application
- Modbus RTU / TCP, J1939, EtherNet/IP
- Binaries with JSON / ZeroMQ API
The OEM Toolbox gateway are prepared for customer branding. By default, all gateways are “white labelled hardware” which means they are without product brand definitions allowing you to customise the look and feel to meet your requirements.
Compare the Hardware
ORDER CODE: OEM-NB301A
Robust industrial gateway with metal housing with Dual-port Ethernet, 2x Serial 1x CAN interface, Digital I/O and cellular and GPS capabilities.
ORDER CODE: OEM-NB301B
Robust industrial gateway with metal housing with Dual-port Ethernet, 2x Serial 1x CAN interface and Digital I/O